Sunday, November 13, 2011

Negeri Sembilan Trial Paper Directed Writing

16, Jalan Batu,
Taman Mineral,
3140 Ipoh,
Perak Darul Ridzuan.
12 November 2011

Dear Seng Keat,

                Hi, how are you? I hope that you and your family are fine. I received your letter this morning, In your letter, you told me that you plan to go overseas to further your studies. You also asked me for a second opinion. In this letter, I will offer you several reasons why you should go ahead with your plans.
                First of all, you will gain valuable knowledge and experience if you further your studies abroad. This is because you will have numerous opportunities to meet people from all walks of life and backgrounds. You will also get to taste various cuisines which you will never get to experience in Malaysia, get to travel and learn about foreign cultures in greater depth.
                Secondly, you will learn to be independent. Clearly, your parents would not be there to look after you and thus, you will need to take care of your own meals, do your own laundry and manage your time well. Indirectly, you will learn the true meaning of responsibility.
                Thirdly, I am confident that you will be able to cope with your studies as you have always been a diligent student. Going abroad can be disadvantageous for teenagers who do not understand the meaning of discipline. However, I believe that you would continue to excel in your studies even when you are far away from home.
Fourthly, going abroad will lead to better job opportunities. This is because you will naturally expand your social network when you are in England. Even if you plan to return to your home country, we both know for a fact that foreign qualifications are highly sought after here. Hence, rest assured that you will land yourself a good job in the future.
Lastly, your parents seem to be very supportive about your desire to go abroad. The way I see it is, if your parents can afford it, why not? Not everyone will have this opportunity. Considering all the other factors above, I staunchly believe that you should go for it!
I hope that you will find my opinions useful. Please take good care of yourself and send my warmest regards to your family. Do let me know about your final decision. Bye!

Yours sincerely,
Henry

No comments: